Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A blog? What's up with that???

I have gotten frustrated that many pieces I write, whether "humor" or policy-related, keep not getting published.  There's not much point in writing just for yourself.  Several friends have suggested starting a blog (soooo last decade, I know, but I remain firmly committed to antisocial networking - no Twits, Tweets, Facebook, etc.).  I suspect they are just hoping not to keep getting crap in their inboxes that they need to delete immediately but occasionally start reading before realizing their mistake.  Far easier to ignore a blog or an email saying "Read my latest blog posting.  Please???"

I will start off with a couple of satiric pieces I wrote on the topic of gun control and have not been able to find a venue willing to accept.  After that, all bets are off.  You may see health policy musings, rants about our stupidity in health information technology policy, poorly-drawn cartoons, pictures of animals or plants I've taken (but NO cute kitty pictures, I promise!  I reserve the right to put up cute puppy pictures, should we ever get a dog.  I.e., don't worry about that, either), or just about anything else.

Feel free to pass the site on to friends you want to lose, strangers on the street, eccentric billionaires or publishing magnates you know, or anyone else.  After all, Google will tell me if nobody is ever reading this, which could push me back to email inundation for dissemination.

Just to prove that entropy always wins, below are a few recent, random photos.  The first is just a demonstration of what kind of pinko I am.

Yes, those are emerging fronds of a bleeding heart.

An emerging fern frond.  I just think they look very cool.  And, after New England winters, I cannot be happy enough when spring gets here.
Developing maple seeds - I am amazed at how colorful they are.

A white-throated sparrow in a blooming forsythia bush in the yard.


3 comments:

  1. I've never been that close to a bleeding heart, I need better lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppin5:01 PM

    Nice pictures

    ReplyDelete